Now through August 2nd, The Cabbage Patch is collecting donations of school supplies to support children and families as they prepare to go back to school this Fall. This “Back to School” supply drive is one of the many ways individuals and groups from the community can get involved at The Cabbage Patch and help at-risk children and families in a real and tangible way.
“Every year, we see a tremendous need for school supplies among our families. Through these donations we can really ease the burden as they prepare to send their children back to school,” said Doug Holm, Senior Family Support Specialist for The Cabbage Patch.
Earlier this month, Harvey Browne Presbyterian Church donated 75 backpacks filled with supplies to the Supply Drive, and just a week later, 4th and 5th graders from Second Presbyterian Church’s Camp “S.O.S.” (Summer of Service) donated another 50 backpacks filled with supplies.
Other service organizations, like the newly-formed “Glosi” (Greater Louisville Outstanding Service Initiative) Girls are collecting supplies to contribute too.
Below are lists of our most needed supplies. If you are interested in donating, contact Counseling & Family Services Support Specialists Doug Holm (email@example.com or 753-4434) or Calvin Holloway, Manager of Counseling & Family Services (firstname.lastname@example.org or 753-4423).
Most Needed Supplies
- 1″ and 2″ 3-ring Binders (3 ring 1 inch, 3 ring 2 inch
- Colored Pencils
- Composition Notebooks
- Two-pocket Folders (with and without metal prongs) in solid colors only
- Graphing Paper
- Hand Sanitizer
- Highlighters (all colors)
- Notebook paper (college ruled & wide-ruled)
- Pens (black, blue, red)
- Pencils (#2 pencils, no mechanical)
- Protractor and compass
- Spiral notebook (1 subject, 3 subject & 5 subjects, college ruled & wide ruled)
Other Needed Supplies
- Backpacks (no wheels) for younger and older students (we especially need backpacks for middle/high school)
- Calculators (middle school level)
- Dictionary (paperback)
- Crayons (8 count, 16 count, 24 count)
- Erasers (Block erasers, pencil top erasers)
- Giftcards (Walmart, Office Depot, etc.) to be used to buy graphing calculators
- Glue (glue sticks, Elmers Glue)
- Index cards (3”x5”)
- Kleenex – boxes of kleenex
- Markers (Crayola classic markers, washable)
- Pencil sharpener (handheld)
- Pencil zipper bag or pencil box
- Scissors (blunt tip, regular tip, left-handed also)
- Thesaurus (paperback)